Thursday, January 16, 2014

Workout From Home

I really have no excuse not to go to the gym because it's about a mile away from my house. However, on the nights when I don't feel like leaving the house I do these workouts at home. When I workout at home I like to do something that won't leave me too sweaty but still give me a killer muscle burn. [Although a little sweat never hurt anyone.] These 4 workouts will get your heart pumping and will get your muscles nice and sore for the following day.
Cardio: As much as I hate them, burpees are a great full body, cardio move that can be done at home. I prefer to do them at home because I look ridiculous when I do them. I had a trainer once tell me to do *20 seconds of burpees and then 10 seconds of rest for 4 minutes* right when you wake up in the morning. It's strange to think that it just takes 4 minutes for your heart to feel like it wants to explode and sweat to start pouring from your forehead. Besides your morning prayer time, burpees are another way to start your day! [who knows, you might find yourself praying during your burpees?]
Arms: For a good 10 minute arm workout this one is great. On days when I am feeling strong and know I can be a little more sore the next day I will use an 8lb set of free weights. Most of the time though I stick with 5lbs.
Legs/Arms [for time]: Squats are one of my favorite exercises. Your legs are your largest muscle so it's great to get a good leg workout in to keep them nice and strong. Also, push ups are an upper body move that will get the heart pumping and get your arms burning. Do this combo once for time and then do it again and try to beat your time. 
Full Body: This workout may say "beginner" but I think it's a great option for anyone who wants to get a full body workout in a shorter amount of time. Your heart will be pumping and the sweat will be falling after this. Plus, who doesn't love Bob Harper? 

No comments:

Post a Comment