Monday, January 23, 2012

Sunday Sermon Notes: Jan 22

This Sunday my pastor continued to preach from Ezekiel 37. Here are my notes from Sunday.


Ezekiel 37:15-23-- UNIFICATION

15-17 God's Message came to me: "You, son of man: Take a stick and write on it, 'For Judah, with his Israelite companions.' Then take another stick and write on it, 'For Joseph—Ephraim's stick, together with all his Israelite companions.' Then tie the two sticks together so that you're holding one stick.
 18-19 "When your people ask you, 'Are you going to tell us what you're doing?' tell them, 'God, the Master, says, Watch me! I'll take the Joseph stick that is in Ephraim's hand, with the tribes of Israel connected with him, and lay the Judah stick on it. I'll make them into one stick. I'm holding one stick.'
 20-24 "Then take the sticks you've inscribed and hold them up so the people can see them. Tell them, 'God, the Master, says, Watch me! I'm taking the Israelites out of the nations in which they've been exiled. I'll gather them in from all directions and bring them back home. I'll make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel, and give them one king—one king over all of them. Never again will they be divided into two nations, two kingdoms. Never again will they pollute their lives with their no-god idols and all those vile obscenities and rebellions. I'll save them out of all their old sinful haunts. I'll clean them up. They'll be my people! I'll be their God! My servant David will be king over them. They'll all be under one shepherd.

  • Division is never in God's plans.
  • God gave one head over the entire body.
  • God doesn't want you fragmented in your loyalty.
  • Without restoration there can't be any unity.
  • God will do things for us in-spite of our unbelief.

John 17:11
11 And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.


John 17:21-22
21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—

  • Jesus and the Father are one. 
  • When people see us they should also see God. 
  • Without restoration there is only desolation left. 
  • God's shaking will cause unity.
  • Mercy drops are falling but we want the showers, not just the drops.

Galatians 5:25-26
 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.

  • If we aren't being restored we're being destroyed.
  • The Spirit of the Lord is like the blood, it needs to flow in order to bring life.
  • If you know the Spirit then walk in it!
  • Be like a baby and just grow.
  • If you don't walk in the glory you will desire vain glory.
  • Walk in His glory and you won't live to please others--- you will be a walking blessing.
  • People provoke others because they are being provoked.
  • Envy is the root of hatred and hatred is the root of murder.
  • It's not hard to serve God, it's hard not to serve Him.
  • You will never have more pleasure than in the House of the Lord.

Psalm 27:4
4 One thing I ask from the LORD, 
   this only do I seek: 
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
   all the days of my life, 
to gaze on the beauty of the LORD 
and to seek him in his temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment