Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Writer's Block

I remember back in High School, my creative writing teacher would always give us prompts to inspire our writing for the day. Well, to be honest my journal writing has come to a stop. I have stopped setting aside time to just sit and write and be inspired. I need to start again! 
Everyone can be a writer. You just need to start and sometimes that can be the hardest part. 
 Here are some prompts to get your pencil/pen flowing. 

What is something you do well?
What are you welcoming into your life? 
Your 10 greatest joys. 
If your tears could speak to you, what would they say? 
When I'm around too much negativity I...
Define goodness. 
What do you think happens when we die? 
I want to be friends with...
My dream vacation is...
On the way to work, I noticed...
One famous person I'd like to have breakfast is...
The lyrics to my favorite song are...
What superpower would you want and why?
If the phone rang right now, who would you want it to be? 
God is...
Right now I'm feeling...
When I'm happy...
What do you want to be remembered for? 
Describe yourself in 3 words. 

I hope these writing prompts inspire you to pick up that pen and write. For me, writing helps to clear my head and it breaks up my normal daily routine. It causes me to be more creative in my thinking and to inspire new ideas. 
Cheers to writing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment