Monday, June 11, 2012

Dear Sheep, Are You There?

John 10:27 (the message) 
"My sheep recognize my voice, I know them and they follow me."
In each of our lives we have "sheep" that recognize our voice. We know them, and they follow us. Who are the "sheep" in your life? Mine are, all the children that I care for, the young adults under me in my youth group, the color guard girls that I teach, and basically anyone who sees me as a leader. 
To be a leader is hard. To lead others means, giving up what you want to do and putting their needs before yours. It means dedicating time, money, sleep, emotional well-being, etc, to have a positive impact on those you are leading. It means life can't be all about you anymore. (Ouch!) 

Take an inventory of the "sheep" in your life. How are they doing, are they still there? 
I did this the other day and God showed me that the "sheep" in my life, those under me in my church that look up to me as a leader were skinny and scattered. He told me that I have been selfish and eating all my "sheep's" food. God basically told me I was one big fat sheep. 
I stepped away from those under me looking for my leadership and left them to fend for themselves. The result, an unfed and lost sheep. They didn't have a connection with me anymore. I was not speaking into their lives and honestly didn't really care about their lives. 
I was a SELFISH FAT SHEEP! 
It's a big reality check when we realize that just because we don't want to do something ie: be the leader God has called us to be, that our selfish choice effects more than just us. 
Everyone is a leader. 
It's time to step it up and feed your skinny and lost sheep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment