Thursday, January 17, 2013

Life is a Metaphor


Monday night during a great double session of boot camp classes at the gym I slipped during a round of burpees and made direct contact between the floor and my knee. Of course, being the determined person that I can be, I checked for blood (no blood) and rotated my knee a couple times, (I was good) so I continued sweating the lbs away in my class. 

The next morning I woke up to a nice dent, a bruise, and some severe swelling. I got an x-ray, no fracture. The doctor told me I had popped it really good and inflamed the bursa that was inside. (I guess a bursa is a fluid sack surrounding the tissues in your body. I have never heard of it before.) 

Needless to say, I sent a text to my friend that day and said, "When life is going great, you're bound to fall down." Her response, "Your life is a metaphor." 

When this happens whether it be literal or figuratively get yourself back up and going. How does the quote from that Hilary Duff movie go? "Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." 

You're gonna fall, don't let it hold you back from succeeding. 

1 comment:

  1. This makes me think of a quote I kind off came up with during my AP Lit exam review.
    Our teacher said "this exam will be pretty straight forward" we all rolled our eyes because we know it wouldn't be, her assignments and tests never are. So I leaned forward and told one of my friends "It won't be straight forward, nothing is ever straight forward. We don't live on a straight flat country road, we live on a mountain road full of hills and turns."
    I don't really know if I came up with this our heard it somewhere, but it seems relevant.

    ReplyDelete