Wednesday, February 13, 2013

40 Days for Life- Spring Campaign

Last night was the kick-off for the Spring Campaign of 40 days for life. 40 days of fasting and praying to end abortion. During the last campaign, two West Michigan abortion clinics have been closed for good. The only clinic left is the Heritage Clinic in downtown Grand Rapids. West Michigan has one prayer focus now. During these 40 days individuals from area churches will take their place in front of the clinic 24 hours a day to pray and seek God's face for the unborn. This is my 3rd time participating in 40 days for life and my eyes have been opened to the harsh reality of abortion. It hurts me to think that right in my town it is happening. 

Life International is located 3 blocks from the Heritage Clinic. The building was once the abortion clinic for Grand Rapids. During the time it was open 20,000 abortions were performed. Life International has remodeled the building and there is such a presence of God in that place now. They however, kept one room the same. It serves as a very real reminder of abortion. 
Standing in front of the abortion clinic is a different experience. Each time I am there I sense God's presence and also sense the darkness brooding over that building. The first time I went there to pray I could barely handle myself. The thought of little innocent lives ending had me hysterically weeping.
THIS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING!
Please join 40 days for Life and pray to end abortion!
A person is a person, no matter how small! 
12 week old baby replica

No comments:

Post a Comment