Thursday, April 11, 2013

Bustin or Bust!

On Sunday I was preparing for my after church nap when my brother facebook messaged me from the other room.

Learn to ride the longboard that I have had sitting in the garage since last fall? Sure! 
I had attempted to get on it while I was home alone and it was not the most graceful sight. I also had my feet all wrong and my board backwards. 
Such a newb!
After getting some pointers and encouragement from my brother I was up and cruising in no time. 
2 hours later I still had not fallen and was going down some little hills. 
I am proud of myself for doing something that I was afraid of trying. I hate falling, getting hurt, and being on moving objects without a rail or hand to hold. Overcoming fears is something that everyone should be working on. Start small. 
Like cruising on a longboard, you gotta go slow and steady at first. Then a moment kicks in where you say, "I got this!" That moment is normally followed by a happy dance. :)
My brother is an amazing longboard who rides for Sweet Spot WheelsRayne Longboards, and Rey Trucks

No comments:

Post a Comment