Monday, November 11, 2013

Baked Kale Chips

I've wanted to make Kale Chips for a while. I'm not sure why I waited so long. These were so easy to make and they are delicious. I paid $1.69 for a big bushel of kale at the store. Kale itself is not the most delicious thing on it's own. However, by baking it you get this "chip" texture which cancels out the leafy green/healthy texture. It fools your brain into thinking you're eating a potato chip. Anything to fool my brain into eating more veggies is worth it to me! 

WHAT TO DO: 
1. Wash your kale. Also pre-heat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. Use kitchen scissors (my favorite kitchen utensil) to cut the leaves off the stems. Cut them into medium size pieces. They will shrink a bit in the baking process. 
3. Place in a bowl and drizzle some olive oil on the leaves. Mix with your hands. 
4. Put the leaves on a baking sheets. Sprinkle sea salt, cayenne pepper (for some spice), or chili powder (for some more spice). 
5. Place in the oven to bake for 2 hours at 250 degrees. 
ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment