Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Lessons from a Toddler

Getting to spend my week with some incredible little kids is the greatest career and blessing ever. I spend my days playing and training them but the kids teach me some great lessons too.
I thought I would share one with you.
So, if you don't play with blocks on a daily basis like I do, let me explain the process for you. You dump out all the blocks, start building, using different size blocks you make the tallest tower you can until it falls over (or someone else knocks it down). 
Where are you going with this Bee??? 
Building a block tower is a great picture of your daily life. You can make an incredible tower that is strong and sturdy or your can make the skinniest tower that will get knocked over as soon as someone sneezes. What does your life tower look like?
What/who do you set as the foundation of your life? What goes on top of that? What are your priorities? What takes up most of your time? What do you talk about the most?
 I went through a season where my tower was really messed up. I had put myself as the foundation of my tower. Which, you will always let yourself down and your tower (life) will constantly be falling apart. It's like building your house upon the sand. Obviously the rain is going to come and wash your house away eventually.
I really took an inventory of my life through prayer and others speaking to me about the craziness that my life had become. Putting God as the foundation will keep your life strong and sturdy, no matter how many blocks you decide to pile on top of it.
Matthew 16: 24-26 [The Message] 
"Then Jesus went to work on his disciples. “Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You’re not in the driver’s seat; I am. Don’t run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I’ll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self. What kind of deal is it to get everything you want but lose yourself? What could you ever trade your soul for?"

No comments:

Post a Comment