Wednesday, October 1, 2014

August & September Favorites 2014

August and September were very interesting months. Life got a little loco for a bit. That being said, I missed my August favorites post. So let's just combine the two shall we? During the past two months the seasons have started to change from summer to autumn and my skin has gone a bit crazy. I also seem to be losing my summer tan at a rapid rate. Despite all of that, I am choosing to embrace autumn with cozy sweaters and ankle booties. Happy October everyone! 
Dermalogica Clear Start Breakout Clearing Overnight Treatment has been a life saver in trying to help my skin recover from the craziest end of the summer ever. I slipped off my gluten/dairy free lifestyle for almost 2 weeks and boy did my skin react. After cleaning up my eating again [taco detox anyone?] and using this overnight treatment with salicylic acid every night, my skin is finally back to normal. 
I only have a sample size of the Murad essential c-day moisturizer but I fully intend on purchasing a full size. This leaves my skin feeling so great after a morning or evening cleanse. It layers nicely under makeup and also has an SPF of 30 to block out the UVA/UVB rays. Also, a little goes a long way with this. Simple moisturizing face wash has been my go to for everyday skincare. While I was in Walgreens I was reminded that I needed a new face wash. I wanted something without any harsh chemicals. This face wash is perfect. Also, this doesn't have a fragrance in it which is great because sometimes those scents can really mess with my skin. After using this for a few weeks my skin has not only recovered from the craziness that life has been but it has a fresh new look to it. It's nice to give my skin a break and allow it to recover naturally. 
These two bits of jewelry were purchased on my summer trip to Fort Worth. I wanted a souvenir of my trip and this necklace was perfect. It's do delicate and is the perfect little addition to a basic tee and jeans outfit. Sam Moon has the cutest dainty necklaces. These Kenneth Cole earrings were bought by one of my favorite cousins, Erika. She surprised me at the register and took them from my hand and bought them for me. 
I saw this Physicians Formula Glow Minerals in Bronze on my cousin Erika's birthday board on pinterest and I went to buy it for her only after finding out that her husband already got it for her. I have been loving it, and I am sure Erika has been too. It gives a nice bronze highlight to the cheeks. The shimmer looks a little intense in the packaging but it's not as intense on the skin. Just the perfect amount of shimmer. I have also been using it as an eyeshadow.  
I think my friend Michelle is so sick of me talking about how great this mascara is but it really is awesome. Don't be scared by the metallic pink/purple packaging. Also, don't be scared of the wand that bends. I was a little skeptical of those things too. But I have been converted to this funky looking mascara and my lashes are thanking me. The L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara is super dark and gives me some seriously long lasting curly lashes. The bendy wand also allows me to get those pesky lashes on the inner and outer corners that sometimes get missed. If you haven't tried this yet, you need to.
Essie Penny Talk is one of my favorite metallic polishes to wear in the fall. However, I have found that metallic polish definitely needs a top coat on it. Something about the formula makes it crack and chip a lot faster.
Other nail polish favs of the past 2 months were, this purple shade from Wet n Wild 
[213C On a trip/En voyage]. Seriously impressed with Wet n Wild's nail polishes. 
This L'oreal Colour Riche shade in After Hours is a dark dark blue. If you're able to get it perfect on the first coat it's more like a navy. But if you're like me and always need a second coat, it turns into a darker navy. Downside to this one, when you remove it from your nails the blue goes everywhere! 
This album has been looping each day for the past two months. I love that I can hear Steffany's heart behind each song on this album. I also love the story of this album and how God used her and Amanda Cook to work on this together. 'Out of Hiding' has got to be my favorite song.  

No comments:

Post a Comment