Sunday, November 23, 2014

Product Empties | no. 1

Let's go through my garbage! In my bathroom I have a sephora bag under my sink where I stash all the products that I have managed to finish. I have been collecting them for a couple months in order to share my thoughts with y'all. I am doing my best to work through products I have before purchasing replacements. [that in itself is a very hard thing to do] From lots of different foundations to loads of mascaras, here's what I have used up.

CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3in1 [medium beige] was a great foundation. I loved the primer and foundation in one however, I still used a separate foundation primer when applying it. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup [250 pure beige] is not great. As much as I love the Instant Age Rewind line, this is not that impressive. The coverage is not so great and the sponge is just so big and overwhelming. Not purchasing this again. Something else I won't be purchasing again is the Maybelline Fit Me Stick Foundation [220]. This could be good for someone who doesn't have oily skin and just wants a little bit of coverage. I am the opposite of that. I have super oily skin and want a lot of coverage. I found that I got oily very fast with this and it just ended up slipping off my face. Maybelline Super Stay 24hr Makeup [pure beige] was an AMAZING foundation. I purchased this one over and over again. The coverage is great, it's build-able and lasts all day. Revlon Nearly Naked [160 fresh beige] has a lighter coverage and gave a 'your skin but better' look. I liked using this but really wanted a bit more coverage. However my mom does love this foundation. MakeUp Forever Mat Velvet+ is my favorite for the Winter. I do need to purchase a lighter shade though because as much as I would've loved my Summer tan to stick around, it's gone. Mary Kay CC Cream was such a great product! I will purchase this again in the future for sure. It had great coverage and I loved the SPF in it!
Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue [45 Just Peachy] & Maybelline Baby Lips [30 Peach Kiss] are my go-to during the day lip balms. I like the Dr. Rescue for the minty eucalyptus scent that it has and it gives your lips a little tingle. The 'just peachy' has more of a frost look to it and the 'peach kiss' is more of a flat nude. It's time to say goodbye to my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I remember purchasing this 2 years ago and am so impressed that this brush lasted so long. [I did take great care of it and cleaned it regularly] This is not an understatement, this brush will change your life. I already purchased a new one!
Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes [blackest black waterproof] is an amazing mascara. I loved the double ended wands for the top and bottom lashes. I don't normally put mascara on my bottom lashes but with the bottom lash wand I found it gave a very subtle coat and didn't look overwhelming. CoverGirl Bombshell Volume Mascara really disappointed me. The formula itself dried my lashes out like crazy. It was also a nightmare to remove. My poor lashes, I am so sorry. If they changed the formula for this and made it more conditioning, I would totally jump on board. Avon wash off waterproof mascara is a great mascara that is not going to budge. The only thing I didn't like about this is that it didn't really hold my curl. The e.l.f Waterproof Eyeliner Pen is a holy grail product for me and my best friend Michelle however, e.l.f. has decided to discontinue this liner and we are very sad about it. To replace it I thought I would try the Jordana FabuLiner [01 black] well, that didn't turn out the way I wanted. This liner was super dry and applied uneven. I used it twice and stuck it in the sephora empties bag.

More product empties to come, I went on a cleaning/organization spree and have filled up the bag once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment