Wednesday, February 4, 2015

What's in your beauty bag [Grace]?

My hair stylist extraordinaire allowed me to rummage through her beauty bag and ask about her favorite must haves for right now! Grace is the talent behind Hair Haus in Jenison, Michigan. I have had the pleasure of knowing her as a friend since our high school days and she has been working her magic on my hair for the past 5 years. She is currently pregnant with a little bundle of joy expected to arrive in just a couple weeks! I cannot wait to meet him! Here are some things from her beauty bag that she is loving right now!
"Neuma smoothing creme is organic and I really love that! It adds lots of moisture and it's also weightless on your hair. It is so versatile and can be used on all different hair types." I also love this stuff personally and every time she uses it on me I also can tell a difference in my hair. My frizz has smoothed itself out and I love that it smells likes citrus! I purchased this smoothing creme at my last appointment. I love physicians formula just as much as Grace! She uses the mineral wear and applies it with your typical foundation brush. "It has such buildable coverage and it's talc free. That is important to me because I have sensitive skin. It's one of the first foundations I have used that doesn't break me out. I am getting a little upset though because Walgreens doesn't carry Physicians Formula anymore!" Grace and I are both fans of Revlon Matte Lip Balms but she is braver than me and is rocking 215 shameless desinvolte. "This one feels moisturizing to me which I like and is rare to find in a matte lip color. I bought it because last year I was looking for the color of the year, "pantone" This one seems to stay on evenly without leaving cracks on my lips. I just love it!"

Grace has also experimented with oatmeal masks. She originally found a recipe on pinterest and has fine tuned it to her liking. Here's her recipe!
1/2 cup oatmeal
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. nutmeg
15 drops of lavender essential oil
15 drops of tea tree essential oil
[Blend up your oatmeal then add the honey, nutmeg, and essential oils.]
"I blend it to more of a powder consistency. And before I apply it to my face I remove my makeup with a coconut oil and caster oil mix and remove it all with a steamed towel." 
[photos taken by Katy O Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment