Friday, October 31, 2014

October Favorites | 2014

October has been a busy busy month. On top of it, I decided to tackle the Whole30.  I had rehearsal on rehearsal and full weekends of marching band shows. October is one of my favorite months because it's so busy. Knits and boots also have me loving the switch from Summer to Autumn. I also love switching my makeup to more darker matte shadows and a muted berry lip. Also, this past month my cousins and friends at Tree of Life in Texas dropped their first Worship EP! Here are my favorites from October.
 Ardell Individuals [Flare Short Black]: Adding 3 or 4 individuals lashes to each eye has been my favorite lately. It makes me look like I got 8 hours of sleep when I definitely did not get that much. Trust me when I say, I am not the best at this though. Practice makes perfect.
Duo Eyelash Adhesive [Dark Tone]: I've tried a few different ones and this is my favorite lash glue by far. It turns black once it dries and gets hidden by your lashes and liner.
Yankee Candle [Cherries on Snow]: I have successfully burned through this candle this month. The fruit scent isn't overwhelming because it's muted with a fresh hint of almond. I didn't like seeing the word 'snow' so early in the autumn but I got over it.
Honey Crisp Apples: Weird favorite but I seriously think I have eaten my way through 3 dozen honey crisp apples during October. I kept buying them from the grocery store and was paying top dollar. After too much money spent there I finally found some time to head to an orchard and get a bushel for myself at a more reasonable price. YUM!
Hello Breath Spray: Since I can't have my chicle during Whole30, I wanted something I can use to freshen my breath. I found this at the checkout and picked it up. I think the packaging of this supermint breath spray got me at first. Some breath sprays can be nasty and sting your mouth. This one doesn't and is actually refreshing. For sure going to purchase another one for my purse.
Milani Baked Blush [09 Red Vino]: In the autumn I switch out my peachy pink blushes for more of a red berry color. This is the perfect blush for this time of year.  Tap a little on the apples of the cheeks and you're good to go, a little goes a long way. Milani baked blushes were my favorite last year and I feel like they still are. Tarte blushes are in a very close second though.
Wet N Wild EyeShadow Palette [The Naked Truth]: This little palette has been my go to for a darker/evening look. I love the dark coffee brown shade in the middle. I tap a little of the shimmer shadow on the bottom to the center of my lid. To add a little brow highlight I use the cream shadow in the top right. Perfect autumn evening eye.
Laura Mercier EyeShadow Quad [French Vanilla]: I don't know when I got this eyeshadow quad but I have been using it all month. I love the matte brown shade. It's one of those shades that you can use all over the lid and it adds so much dimension.
Maybelline Brow Drama [Deep Brown]: I have been using this everyday all month and LOVE it. It keeps my stray brow hairs in place while filling in the sparse spots. Read more about it here.
CoverGirl Outlast LipColor [621 Natural Blush]: Ok, this took a couple tries to get right but now that I have the hang of it, I love it! First you take the color and apply it to your lips. Let it sit for 60 seconds and then apply the gloss on top. The lip color seriously lasts 24 hours, just apply the gloss throughout the day as needed. Eat an apple, give a kiss, your lip color is not going anywhere.
The Wet Brush: I was roaming Target and was excited when I found this on the shelf. I know it's bad to brush your hair while it's soaking wet but I have to or else my long hair just gets extremely frizzy and the curls are out of control. This brush is amazing. I feel like the amount of random hairs that fall out throughout the day has decreased and my hair feels thicker. This brush is so gentle and detangles so easily after I have washed my hair.
I am one proud cousin! This EP has 5 original tracks of amazing heart felt worship. I love having this playing and feeling like my cousins are right in the room with me. You need this EP: The Loft Project in your life. P.S. Yes, it's on Spotify. Thanks for asking! 

HAPPY NOVEMBER! 

No comments:

Post a Comment