Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Cleaning Part 1


It's Spring cleaning time. Out with the old and in with the new! A part of cleaning is organizing. I love to organize! I will admit that I have a hard time maintaining the organization but when it comes to the process of organizing, I love it! Here are some tips to organize your home.

1.     If you haven’t worn it in a year, time to say goodbye.
A practical way to see if you wear all your clothes or not is to turn all you hangers in your closet backwards and as you wear things turn the hangers back around. At the end of a year or even 6 months take the items hanging backwards and donate them.
2.     Color Code!
You can color code anything and it will look organized and very colorful! I love color-coding my clothes, books, shoes, handbags, towels, and bathroom products.
3.     Clean things regularly.
I am blessed to have Monday’s off and I take this day to do all of my cleaning. I do everything (with the exception of laundry).  I like to clean but I really have to be self-motivated to do it and can’t be told by someone else to clean. Having a “cleaning day” scheduled helps motivate me.
4.     Make sure everything has a place.
Everything needs to have its place in your space. Once everything has a place, make it a point to always put those items where they go. That will maintain the organization.
5.     Keep it fun!
Buy fun baskets, labels, containers, hangers, shelves, etc. There are plenty of inexpensive organization suppliers out there. A few of my favorite are your local dollar store (for real!), IKEA, The Container Store, and of course Target! 

No comments:

Post a Comment