Saturday, May 5, 2012

Stranger Intrigue

Since my little foot surgery a week ago I have been limping around all week still not able to walk normally. It has caused people to notice and become quite concerned. Now people who are close to me know the cause of my little limp but strangers however have become quite intrigued. I had a lady just today say, "Oh, poor dear I see you are limping. What happened?" I told her I had foot surgery and it was still healing. I know this lady was just being friendly and personable but what if my answer was, "I was born with a limp."

Last fall I was shopping for makeup and a lady approached me and asked me what kind of things I have tried to get rid of my acne. This really crossed the line in my book. To point out something that personal to a stranger is not appropriate at all.

Both instances really made me think about how people can be a little too intrusive and comfortable with complete strangers. There is a fine line between just being friendly and really getting into someone else's personal life let's do our part and learn not to cross that line unless invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment