Saturday, August 17, 2013

Northern Living

The past week was spent up north in Harbor Springs, Michigan. Which is an adorable fancy pants town with very chic and expensive houses. Aka... where I should be living. I decided that I am going to live in a condo above this cute little fudge shop and work at the 
childcare center in downtown Petoskey. (hey... a girl can dream right?) 
It's weird how such a beautiful place like Northern Michigan can make you forget about all your responsibilities back home. For a week I forgot about them and dreamed up a northern living life. Biking was a way of transportation and salt water taffy was everywhere! 
Who wouldn't like that life? 
During the week my dad and brother went zip-lining. I put countless miles on my bike (including a 30 mile trip between Petoskey and Charlevoix). Running along the beach was a daily activity. I tried to even out my band camp tan lines at the pool. We shopped at local boutiques downtown. We crossed the Mackinaw Bridge and shopped in Mackinaw City. 
Overall the week was wonderful. A break well deserved! 



No comments:

Post a Comment