Tuesday, August 6, 2013

This One Time At Band Camp

I survived another year of band camp. I was reminded this past weekend at a friends wedding how long I have been apart of the whole marching band scene. Technically it has been since birth. (my dad is a band director). I have been teaching color guard for 3 years/seasons. I marched 4. (should've marched drum corps but didn't.)
I love teaching high schoolers and watching the progress throughout the season. This past week was a great moment to teach, learn and watch the students create something to be proud of. Granted, things aren't going to be perfect and pretty after 1 week. However to see the kids actually click in with the show and find their inner fierceness (in the color guard, we like to call him Andy) makes all the hours spent together worth it. 
Here's to another season with Comstock Park Marching Band!

No comments:

Post a Comment