Sunday, January 26, 2014

You're Not In The Drivers Seat

This past week the winter has been brutal. It leaves the streets in horrible conditions and you're taking your life into your hands when you leave the house. This past week my brother was in a car accident on the freeway. Yes, scary. The person in front of him hit an ice patch and started fishtailing. He had to work to stay in control of his vehicle and keep others around him safe. While keeping his car in control he hit an ice patch and spun out into a guard rail at about 50mph. Another car behind him spun out and hit him. I am so glad that he is safe. His car however, poor Genevieve has been laid to rest. 
It made me think about one of my favorite verses, 
Matthew 16:24 
Then Jesus went to work on his disciples. “Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You’re not in the driver’s seat; I am." 
My brother shared with us that while he was driving to school on that snowy morning he was thanking God for all the doors that have opened up for him in the past two weeks. He told us that minutes before he got in the accident he had said, "God, I put it all in your hands." God knew what was going to happen. My brother was not in the drivers seat.
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment