Tuesday, February 18, 2014

10k Training Progress

81 more days until I cross off something from my 2014 To-Do List! I am training to run the Fifth Third River Bank 10k. A couple years ago I was planning on running this same race and was fully prepared but then I got injured. It's tough to gain those miles back after an injury and then a foot surgery. I am really proud of my training progress so far and thought I would share with you what I am doing.
Now granted, I am more of a distance runner. Meaning, I would rather go a further distance at a comfortable pace than shorter distance while sprinting. [I'm not the best sprinter.]
 Since it's super cold and the roads are still full of snow and ice I have been training on a treadmill. I did one run outside because I was feeling adventurous and could've broken something because it was so slippery. Not doing that again until I can see pavement. 
^gym essentials= clean/dry shoes [brooks purecadence 2], fully charged ipod, water [blender bottle], and gum [extra 'smooth mint'].  
^how the week typically gets broken down. *subject to change on how busy my schedule is for each week.^
^Running on the treadmill can get very boring. In order to mentally get through a long hour run I will use netflix on my phone [currently working on The Office season 5], listen to a podcast, or create a long run playlist to keep me motivated.^
^This is my current playlist. It's a mix between Jesus & Broadway with a couple of my go-to favorites thrown in too. ^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment