Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Better than Oatmeal: Breakfast Quinoa

I have been perfecting my breakfast quinoa and I'm finally ready to share it with you. It's simple to make, packed with protein & fiber, and better than oatmeal. [in my opinion] Also, my recipe is dairy free. 
^ What you need ^
1 1/2 cups of rice milk 
1 cup of quinoa [be sure to rinse off and strain your quinoa before you put it in the pan. it will take away that bitter taste it can have sometimes]
1 tablespoon of vegan butter
1/3 cup of brown sugar
^ Put all your ingredients into a pan on medium/high heat. Add a dash of cinnamon & nutmeg. Once it begins to boil start the simmer process. Put heat on low and cover for 30 minutes. ^
^Add additional time if you still see liquid in the pan. Keep simmering until all the liquid is gone and your quinoa is nice and fluffy. [I had to add 5 minutes to this batch] ^
^ Dish it out and enjoy! ^

No comments:

Post a Comment