Friday, December 12, 2014

Bee's Moving Y'all

It is with great excitement that I tell all y'all, I AM MOVING!!! I am taking myself out of Grand Rapids, Michigan and over 1,000 miles down south to Fort Worth, Texas. This decision has been about 9 months in the making and I never imagined myself making such a bold move. I started to feel in my heart such a love for Texas when I first went there on Spring Break this past spring. Something about Fort Worth felt like home. It also helps that I have an amazing Aunt and several cousins that live there. Another place that felt like home was Tree of Life. My cousin Gabriel is the Pastor at this incredible church. Everything about TOL felt so inviting and each new person I met and got to know felt like a long lost best friend. I loved the services and the classes and left Texas knowing I was supposed to be at Tree of Life.

After another visit to Fort Worth this past summer I came back knowing that I was to follow what I was feeling in my heart from God. After sharing everything with my parents we began praying about it. [I'm a Christian... I think you have figured that out by now.] I kept everything I was feeling within the family and a couple close friends as I patiently waited for confirmation. 2 weeks after I shared this with my parents, my Uncle unexpectedly passed away. God just shook my world and flipped it upside down. One thing that my Uncle always encouraged me to do was to follow God's will. Every family member that I shared my heart with during the celebration of my Uncle's life encouraged me to do just that, follow God's will. After grieving the loss of my Uncle I continued to pray and go after the desire to move. I had come up with a plan but you know how that saying goes, "make a plan and God will laugh at it." That is basically what happened. God said, "Bee, I can handle it. Let go of the control of your life." As soon as I let go of the planning, everything just fell into place. I was released from obligations keeping me in Michigan and had decided that my business was going to close in June. I keep saying it but it's so true, never in a million years would I see my life taking this path. It's exciting and scary at the same time. I know it is all God and I am looking forward to what He has planned for me. I am sure it will include some cute cowgirl boots and lots of bbq.

No comments:

Post a Comment