Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Faith over Fear

Last Thursday God spoke very clearly through an act of obedience from a powerhouse worshipper leader and one of my close friends.
"Fear. Fear is being broken."
That word was for me and I took it and ran with it. I was full of fear, which is hilariously ironic because I just tattooed 'faith over fear' on my body two weeks before that moment. Stop fooling yourself B and read your arm! I was fearful of finding a new job. No doors have been opening for me and the struggle was real during what I kept calling the 'job stretch.' I was fearful of leaving my family. I had plans to move out across town as soon as that job came. Moving and leaving the comfort of home was a fear. I was fearful of leaving friendships that had been built up on such real and vulnerable connections. All of this fear was clouding my vision and the true vision that God gave me last August that I eventually shared on this blog last year in December.
Somewhere between fear and emotions I lost track of the real call that God had for me. Doors weren't opening for me in Michigan because I am not supposed to be in Michigan right now. I went back to the beginning before the fear and emotions crept in and re-visited what God had first said to me. I love the grace of God and how sensitive He is to allowing us to see clearly that call He has for us. He allowed me to cloud my vision for only a short time and work it all out while watching and guarding me from a distance. Then right when I was willing to hear, God busted through those clouds and softened my heart. My softened heart allowed me to hear some clear words from some amazing people in my life.
Now more than ever I know the direction for my life and that direction will require a 16 hour road trip to Fort Worth, Texas. There are doors down there that God is ready to open for me but He can't open them if I am not obedient and go!
With all that being said, I am ready to get out of my own way and to fully obey. My bags are currently being packed. Get ready Fort Worth, B is invading the city... FRIDAY!
FAITH OVER FEAR! 

No comments:

Post a Comment