Wednesday, July 1, 2015

To Be Determined- By God

It took roughly 18 hours to start this new journey. [Nothing against Arkansas, but driving through that state was serious torture!] I am five days into it and am already feeling inpatient. Patience will always be something I struggle with, let's just be real about that!. I have been seeking and praying for some serious purpose while doing my best to remain patient in the journey. I know my purpose is in Fort Worth, doors have already started opening for me here! With constant reminders and encouragement from my best friends back home in Michigan to chill out and enjoy the excitement of this adventure, I have been doing just that. Exploring the area. Connecting with family and friends that I met last year. Figuring out the freeways and becoming serious best friends with my gps. Attending services at Gateway and Tree of Life and making new connections. Planting myself at some of my favorite coffee shops and job searching. Running along the river. And most of all getting used to the heat! 

In moments of loneliness I realize I am the only one who can fix the feeling of being alone. God will connect me with the right people but I have to be willing to put myself in the middle of people for that to happen. Being the new person is never something I have been great at. The work God has done in these past 9 months with my confidence and overall boldness allowed me to walk myself into Gateway's North Fort Worth campus last night and attend their young adult service. I jumped right in and started to connect myself with the amazing young adults there! When asked what brought me to Texas I just shortened my answer to, "God called me down here!" I was encouraged by each person I met and had an amazing night of worship on top of making new friends. I even met someone who was from Michigan, and yes he held up his hand to show me where he was from! Classic Michigander! I am finding comfort in each moment I am able to connect with someone and share a little piece of my story with them. It's making Texas seem a bit more like home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment