Saturday, February 1, 2014

January Favorites 2014

The first month of 2014 is already over. WHAT? That went fast. January has been filled with lots and lots of snow. I also think the warmest day in January was 22 degrees.
That being said, here's what made the list for my January Favorites!
MakeUp Favorites:
^I have been using my Naked 3 palette this month. My two favorite shades have to be 'burnout' and 'limit'. They are the perfect everyday pigment. I put 'limit' on my eyelid and then add 'burnout' to my crease to add some shimmer.^
^CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3in1 has been my foundation for January. I have officially lost all of my summer color and needed to go down to a lighter shade (again). This works great for me. It has fuller coverage and last all day. It also doesn't rub off on clothes or scarves. 
I also love the pump on it. 2 pumps and I'm done. ^
^I have started a habit of doing a face mask at least twice a week. I love all the masks that freeman makes but this one is the favorite of January. It is really calming and really gets the grime of the day out of your pores.^
^I have loved the So Pink scent from GAP for years and years. It's kind of a summer-y scent but I will just pretend it's summer. It's a citrus and flower scent. I think it smells a lot like grapefruit. 
I always purchase more when I see it at a Gap Outlet.^
^NYX Blush in Terra-Cotta is a perfect winter shade. I haven't been using any pink or red shades for blush this month. It looks a little too extreme on my ever fading skin. This blush adds some color without being too obvious. It has the perfect amount of shimmer in it too.^
^I featured this pixi bronzer in my latest makeupmenu. I will use this on my cheeks to add some color and definition. I normally use laguna bronzer by Nars but find that when I am lighter during the winter that it can look too orange. This pixi bronzer is perfect for the winter. Pigment, shimmer, and no orange.^
TV: Chicago Fire & Chicago PD
^If you like intense rescue shows than both of these are for you. Fire is in its second season and PD is on its first. They crossover with each other. Plots and characters overlap between the two. I love it! An episode of either of these will make me cry, hold my breath, gasp, and cover my eyes. Bravo to the writer!^
Local: Silver Sage Headache & Stress Reliever
^A while ago I ordered some products from Silver Sage. She makes everything herself right in Ada, Michigan. She makes all natural vegan soaps and body products.  I started using this rollerball every night before bed and have fallen in love with it again. I roll it on my temples and behind my ears. If I know I am going to be in a car for a long time I will also throw it in my handbag and rub it on my wrists.^
Music: 'I am Mountain' by Gungor.
^It took me a while to warm up to this album and I'm not really sure why. It is great. I think it's so much different than their other albums (which I also own). I kind of feel like I have my itunes on shuffle when I listen to this album. Each track is so unique that it almost seems a bit disjointed. But that is what I like about it!^

HAPPY FEBRUARY!

No comments:

Post a Comment