Thursday, March 6, 2014

Surrender... to bread & cheese.

For the past 6 months I have been adapting to a new lifestyle of gluten free and dairy free eating hoping to solve a few health concerns. It has been quite a journey. I have learned a lot about food and how it effects my body. I also realized how much cheese I was actually eating once I had to give it up. [quesadilla a day keeps the doctor away. wait that's not how it goes...] Going out to eat has been tricky, I never wanted to be "that girl" who had to ask for her food to be prepared in such a specific way. I found however, that a lot of restaurants have allergy information for you that makes it easier to order. Qdoba and Red Robin are great options for eating out. Also any Mexican restaurant is easy to change your meal to gluten/dairy free.
[corn tortillas and no cheese].
If someone would've told me a year ago that I would be living life without bread, cheese, and froyo I would've just laughed and said, "Ya, right!" This journey hasn't been easy but I think it caught me in the right moment of my life. A moment to be able to surrender and change. Have there been moments of frustration? Yes! Have there been tears? Yes! However, all the health concerns that I had 6 months ago are no longer an issue. [It doesn't mean my craving for cheese has completely gone away though.]

16 You should know that you yourselves are God’s temple. God’s Spirit lives in you. 17 If you destroy God’s temple, God will destroy you, because God’s temple is holy. You yourselves are God’s temple.
1 Corinthians 3:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment